Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When it Comes to Westerns There is No One Quite Like Louis L'Amour

We all have our favorite authors in the various genres that we read, so I suppose it goes without saying that I have my own just like you. Now, then, I do not go around recommending books to read without being asked, however, I do have one I think you should read. The book is called:

"Conagher" by Louis L'Amour (often called America's favorite Storyteller). Bantam Books, New York, NY; 1971.

Under Amour

This book and story was turned into a movie and a series that you may remember, after you read the book you will indeed, recognize this story. The Turner Network bought the movie and plays it still, it also became a network TV show and an exclusive premier and rightfully so. The characters are true to form and the storyline is brilliant, perfect for television and for Hollywood.

Louis L'Amour has written 45 western novels and although I have not read them all, he is definitely amongst my favorite Western Authors and I am sure after you read this book you will also agree. This author has over 225 million books in print. Ah ha, now you understand why he is one of my favorite authors. This writer kicks some serious butt in his novels! This book boasts in the introduction an intriguing story that lies ahead:

Parnell's boys had had their fun with him, all right. They'd tried to gun him down more times than even a slow-tempered saddle tramp would sit still for. Now Conagher was too tired and too mean to be played with anymore. "Parnell" he said, "you've given me grief. All I'm going to give you is a running start. . ."

That's introduction enough, the story catapults the reader into the scene and makes them feel as if they are there, often identifying with one or more characters, boy are you going to love this book!

When it Comes to Westerns There is No One Quite Like Louis L'Amour

alaskan airlines

No comments:

Post a Comment